Saturday, August 1, 2009

Warped Tour Detroit MI

Finally a day without rain! I tried my Heil PR40 on a kick drum taday. Tom and I played around with the positioning a little bit and my favorite spot was having the front grill of the mic in line with the drum skin facing the beater. In comparison to other kick mic (Audix something) I noticed more low end in the 80 - 150Hz range, as well as a little more high end. The Heil was even a little more sensitive than the Audix, and was really crisp and tight sounding. I was a little concerned about the mic being able to handle the SPL's from the kick, but it held up fine. Tom let me mix a few of the other bands which was sweet. He was happy to have a break and I was happy to mix a band with more than 3 members in it!

Sorry for any non-audio people reading this post, most of this must seem like a foreign language...

Pics later...I'm tired...



2 comments:

  1. Whats up Caddy! Bob here...I always enjoy reading your blog! Hope you're having fun out there. Keep playing around with that mic, it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bob! Thanks for reading my stuff! Yeah the Heil has so many uses. I tried it on a kick and o man! such a tight full sound!

    Cheers man.

    ReplyDelete