Wednesday, September 30, 2009

SM57's!!!

Well I just got my 2 Shure SM57's delivered in the mail today! I bought both of them of of eBay for $130. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me! So why did I get them? To modify them of course! I am going to take the transformer out of one of them and maybe cut the body of the mic down a bit. Bob Strakele (FOH Billy Talent, Simple Plan, Bouncing Souls) told me about how people used to do it in the 70's, and there are numerous articles about it all over the internet so why not! From the articles ive read, removing the transformer attenuates the mic my 10dB and gives it a little more low end, and mids, giving it a darker sound. We'll see!


I want to make the body shorter so I can mount it on a rim clamp or claw or something along those lines and put it on a snare drum. It will also be a nice conversation peice it I make it look good.



Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment