Thursday, September 3, 2009

Homemade Subkick Mount

It's been a while, but I finally figured out a way to mount my Homemade Subkick. I was considering using drum hardware to mount it but I came up with a few drawbacks. A drum stand would be fairly big, and heavy which isn't good for airlines, and if it were to break, or get left behind somewhere the Subkick would be rendered mountless. I decided to mount it using a standard mic clip. That way I could use any standard mic stand and not have to travel with one.

I had a Sennheiser mic clip laying around so I took off the clip part, drilled a hole in the the metal bracket part of the speaker, put the bolt through it with a couple washers, tightened it all up, and DONE. Now I just have to try it out! I am going to use it this weekend in Wasaga Beach at an Inward Eye show. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment