Monday, June 1, 2009

Camping

   The guys from Inward Eye and myself went camping last night! We went to Darlington Park in Bowmanville. The campground was pretty nice but we could hear the highway and the occasional train in the distance which took away a bit of the "nature" feel. We pretty much just drank a lot of beer, ate hotdogs and corn, and played glow frisbee. I also got to test out my collapsable wood burning stove that I made a while ago. It is meant to be used for solo and two person hiking/camping trips. It worked out great. It boiled water in no time. I changed the size of it a little bit so it could fit into my small titanium pot. The plans for it are HERE
   Our site was right beside the lake (Ontario) and there was a really neat sandy cliff by the beach. I snapped a pic on my camera phone. On my way down I managed to slip in a muddy spot and completely cover the whole right side of my body in mud. Good times...







No comments:

Post a Comment